Apr 27, 2010

Good Ju Ju, Aisle 15

You ever have that positive thought Monday morning, "This is going to be a good week, I'm willing it to be." (or some other idealistic variation)??  I do. All the time. Only I replace the word week with day, because a couple of bad apple doesn't mean the bushel is a total waste.

I love to work. I like knowing that I do something productive and that has meaning. There are days that I feel like I'm doing something productive, but that what I do, doesn't really have much meaning. OR there are days when I feel like EVERYTHING hinders on me, and that I'm doing the job of ten people, and that if I don't finish what I'm doing everything falls apart (we know this not to be true all the time...). Those feelings can be a bit overwhelming. But I still like to work. I do. I'm a worker bee and proud of it. I don't always necessarily want to be Queen Bee, but sometimes I get that itch...and think it would be nice to be the QB.

Well today was that thought....It's going to be a great day, I will it to be so!

Today is my hubby's birthday (yay) and he had to go into work early for work stuff (boo) at like 5 am (extra boo) and his amazingly loud alarm blared away at 4:00 am (double extra boo). But I got up at 6, realized that our teething Tyler had slept through the night and just had that feeling....Today was going to be a good  one. It was crappy out, rainy icky gross, and I hate driving in that weather mostly because every idiot in a fifty mile radius finds me, and hones in on my vehicle...let's see how much she can take before she cracks....but no...today....gonna be a good day. I started it out with Starbucks ("A secret love affair with Soy Chai Latte's with no water and whip cream on top" Coming to theaters near you). I'm in line, and think...It's going to be a good day, the line is short, and Tyler's in the back seat jabbering away about Tupperware. (at least I like to think it's as interesting as Tupperware). I get up to the very cheerful lady and tell her in my equally if not more so cheerful voice, that I'm paying for the person behind me. Yes. Enter the Ju Ju.

That event was (probably) a catalyst for my good day. (at least I like to think so). I got three compliments on my new shirt (thanks for Ironing honey!) and my boss paid me a compliment about something I didn't even think he noticed work wise (and it meant so much to me...because I work darn hard) and then I got free lunch at a restaurant at work, where I got to dine with 2 of my work buddies, and to top it off, I had a fresh positive attitude, and I felt sassy all day. I felt like things were going my way and that my early morning positive ju ju kicked my awesome day into high gear.  I LOVE that feeling. I can't help but think I might have had a good day even if I hadn't done something nice for a complete stranger this morning, but I automatically felt better about myself for being nice to a stranger, with no ulterior motive. And the ju ju feeling....I wish you could bottle that up and sell it at Safeway, next to the sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Don't discount the Ju Ju, even if you are the one making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment