Mar 1, 2010

Forgetful me....

There are days when I forget...no not forget...just don't remember to see. I don't remember to see what an amazing man I am married to. When I met Jake, I was looking for someone who would REALLY REALLY see me...See the fact that I'm not perfect and all I really want is to be seen and loved. See that I have SO much love to give and just want to be loved and seen back. I know it may sound silly, but in the movie "Avatar", there is a line, "I see you"...and as cheesy as it sounds..Jake sees me. He sees my amazingly large imperfections and me at my worst. I try to show others a big persona...someone who has this confidence in herself. Really...I'm just as unsure as everyone else.  "Does this outfit make me look fat?" "My hair looks so stupid today!" "I'm showing a boogie...I can feel it." Things like that run through my head all the time. (Ok not the boogie one)....but Jake sees it and he loves me still. Loves me even more. And we have this amazing son..who sometimes makes me want to pull out my hair...but the rest of the time, I'm in awe. In awe that Jake and I made this amazing, beautiful little person. Yeah...I found all the things I was looking for before I found Jake. He sees the most basic me, and loves me more than I could imagine.


1 comment:

  1. Totally love this picture of Tyler...and you of course. But he looks so cute...

    ReplyDelete