Dec 9, 2009

In the grooove!


Here in the Warren house, we've finally settled into a "routine". I use the term very loosely because that routine is probably going to change when I go to bed tonight. But Tyler's finally figured out that night time is for sleeping, and tends to start napping at like 5pm, when it gets dark outside. That is kind of the downside to the idea that nighttime is for sleeping. I say this because he wakes up 3 or 4 times a night if I let him go to bed that early. So my goal is to try to keep him awake until about 7:30 or 8:30 and then let him try to go down for good....


I know.

I may seem a bit neurotic and completely idealistic about this. But I've found that the Tyler gets a good amount of sleep, and I too seem to get more than I thought possible at this stage if I keep him up just a wee bit longer. We had a pretty good system going where he would go down about 7:30 or 8:30 and then sleep for 7 hours. 7. Hours. He's six weeks old and figuring this out already. Momma like...momma really like.

Then we had the storm.

Sunday night, Jake, Tyler, and I were out running errands and just being productive We decorated our tree and the house for Christmas!




We saw some rain, but no snow or anything that would indicate the next day's events. We woke up at 4:57 to a power outage, and this out our back door.


Now...I live in Northern California. And we don't normally get snow. This picture was taken Monday morning about 8:10 ish from my back porch. There is STILL snow on the ground around our house. Crazy! Needless to say the power outage and subsequent lack of routine for the day totally threw our system into upheaval. Tyler didn't take well to the lack of power, he likes white noise when he naps. (A positive for me, because our vacuum cleaner sounds like a Lear jet taking off...No it really does.)

So instead of our usual morning breakfast and nap at 9:30. We went upstairs and sat with the neighbors all day. We lit a fire in the first place and all of us sat around talking about our kids, and lives and it was quite nice. I got to really get to know my neighbors and their children. I would have preferred to do it with heat, but we all survived.
Last night, he was still kind of off sleeping wise...but tonight he went down at 8:45. Fingers, toes, arms, legs, and any other thing you can cross (not your eyes, you'd look funny!), cross them, because we want to get some sleep tonight!








1 comment:

  1. OMG...I never saw snow ONCE in the 6 years I lived in NorCal!! Crazy!! (Well, except in Lake Tahoe.)

    Hope you got some sleep! Its so difficult, isn't it? But one day you'll be sleeping through the night and you won't even remember how terrible the sleep deprivation is, and then you'll decide its a good idea to have another baby. :)

    ReplyDelete